Definitions and Interpretation
Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to beckyswardrobe.com via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
A small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws
Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data,including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
beckyswardrobe.com, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11391896 whose registered office is at Argyle Court, 105 Seven Sisters Road, London, N7 7QR,England
UK and EU
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or You
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i)employed by becksywardrobe.com and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to beckyswardrobe.com and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
The website that you are currently using, beckyswardrobe.com and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or
amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, beckyswardrobe.com is the “data controller”. This means that beckyswardrobe.com determines the purposes for which and the manner in which your Data is processed.
How I collect data
How I collect Data
6. I collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to me by you;
b. data is received from other sources and
c. data is collected automatically.
7. beckyswardrobe.com will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact me through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register with me and set up an account to receive my
c. when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media
d. when you make payments to me, through this Website or otherwise;
e. when you elect to receive marketing communications from me;
Data that is received from publicly available third parties sources
8. I will receive Data about you from the following publicly available third party sources:
Data that is collected automatically
9. To the extent that you access the Website, I will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. I automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps me to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. I will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
My use of Data
10. Any or all of the above Data may be required by me from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using my Website. Specifically, Data may be used by me for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of my products / services;
c. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
d. contact for market research purposes which may be done using email,
telephone or mail. Such information may be used to customise or
11. I may use your Data for the above purposes if I deem it necessary to do so for my legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
12. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, I will need your consent via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. Soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with me (for example, you contact me to ask me for more details about a particular product/service, and I am marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, I will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, I am required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that I may provide.
c. if you are not satisfied about this approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
13. When you register with beckyswardrobe.com and set up an account to receive my services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and me and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who beckyswardrobe.com shares Data with
14. I may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following
a.professional advisors – to obtain advice from professional advisers;
b. Third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website – to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
Keeping your Data secure
15. I will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. Access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. I store your Data on secure servers.
16. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting me via this e-mail address,
17. If you would like detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
19. Even if I delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
20. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information I hold about you at any time, or (ii) that I modify, update or delete such information. If I provide you with access to the information I hold about you, I will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where I am legally permitted to do so, I may refuse your request. If I refuse your request, I will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase – the right to request that I delete or remove your Data from my systems.
d. Right to restrict my use of your Data – the right to “block” me from using your Data or limit the way in which I can use it.
e. Right to data portability – the right to request that I move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object – the right to object to my use of your Data including where I use it for my legitimate interests.
21. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is my legal basis for processing your Data), please contact me via my e-mail address: becky @beckyswardrobe.com
22. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by me, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
23. It is important that the Data I hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep me informed if your Data changes during the period for which I hold it.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
24. Data which I collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if my servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of my service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. I also share information with some group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA.
25. I will only transfer Data outside the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, e.g. by way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by signing up to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, in the event that the organisation in receipt of the Data is based in the United States of America.
26. To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection I have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
29. I may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of the business or any part of it.
30. In the above instances I will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
32. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
33. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling beckyswardrobe.com to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
34. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie Purpose
Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
35. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
36. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
37. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
38. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
39. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
42. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
43. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact beckyswardrobe.com by email at; firstname.lastname@example.org
4th July 2019
Below is a list of the cookies that I use. I have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that I have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let me know.
Strictly necessary: I use the following strictly necessary cookies:
Description of Cookie: Purpose
Session cookie: I use this session cookie to remember you and maintain your session whilst you are using my website.